Location: Amsterdam (AMS),
Unit: Direct Maintenance
Direct Maintenance is a certified service provider for almost 20 years in the Aviation industry. In between flights, we take care of many well-respected airlines, such as Emirates, Etihad, TUI, UPS and many more, by providing maintenance services. We are on a mission of becoming one of the leading Line Maintenance providers in Europe and Africa. Since April 2019, Direct Maintenance is part of the Magnetic MRO group.
Scope of responsibilities:
As a Junior Quality Assurance Engineer, You are a member of the professional Quality and Assurance team. Together with your team you are responsible for ensuring our internal Part-145 procedures are in accordance with applicable (inter)national Aviation Legislation and customer expectations.
You will have an active role in the implementation of a quality (audit) program (MOE, procedures, and practices) in which all procedures and maintenance practices used in the organization are reviewed at regular intervals. You are responsible for carrying out and monitoring the quality assurance system in accordance with EASA PART-145 legislation and procedures. Furthermore, you draft reports (including audit and monthly reports) for the Manager Quality Assurance. You make sure to create, maintain and continuously improve Part-145 Quality procedures and review proposed amendments to the company procedures. Other challenging tasks are:
- Monitor the organization’s compliance with (inter)national aviation legislation and report to the Manager Quality Assurance.
- Following developments in the field aviation regulations: analyzing and advising on these developments
- Maintain positive, team relationships with internal and external customers, regulatory authorities as well as co-workers.
- Evaluate and investigate occurrences classified as being significant, as well as monitoring, coordinating, and reporting on all corrective actions.
- Support/advise Operational Departments with root cause analysis, preventative, and corrective actions to reduce/eliminate non-conformances.
- Evaluation of equipment, tools and material suppliers.
- Check personnel files and prepare certification authorizations to certifying staff.
- Create, amend and review internal training
- Assist with Part-66 AML applications
- Maintain a companywide just culture and proactively promote safety management within the company
In order to be successful in this role you need a Bachelor’s degree in Aeronautical/Aerospace engineering and you preferably bring demonstrable work experience in an EASA PART-145 Maintenance organization gained through an internship or graduation. For this junior role we are seeking for a ambitious engineer who has potential for personal and professional growth within our team. You are able to work autonomously, accurately and stress-resistant. Also you bring basic technical knowledge of aircraft, knowledge of EASA 145 legislation and/or knowledge of non-technical handling procedures and instructions and Human Factors.
In addition you:
- Have good analytical skills, quality-oriented, excellent planning and organizational skills
- Are result driven;
- Are fluent in English language, both written and spoken
- Bring good observation & analytical skills.
Of course, you have a no-nonsense and pro-active personality and can work both independently and as a member of a team. You are willing to work for a young and dynamic organization which demands devotion and flexibility.
Direct Maintenance offers you a great challenge in a growing international environment which a competitive salary and package of labor benefits. Also, we offer you a challenging full-time position and working in an informal setting. Every step that we take in developing our business and every decision that we make, are guided by our Direct Maintenance core values, which are:
- Teamwork – We believe in working together to achieve the best outcome for our customers, employees and shareholders
- Partnership – We believe in long-term partnerships as a base for sustainable business growth
- Honesty – We are open and honest in everything that we do
- Creativity – We value creativity as a means of achieving a competitive advantage for our company
- Progress – We believe that success is driven by the continuous progress of our people and organization
Our Values help define our employees and provide the necessary customer experience to build brand loyalty creating a tangible long-term base to outperform the Aviation industry.
Note: a security screening will be part of the assessment
Apply for this position:
Please send your CV and motivation or any questions you may have to HR@Directmaintenance.Aero and find out if you are our next employee.