Location: Amsterdam (AMS),
Unit: Direct Maintenance
Direct Maintenance is a certified service provider for almost 20 years in the Aviation industry. In between flights, we take care of many well-respected Airlines, such as Emirates, Etihad, TUI, UPS and many more, by providing maintenance services. We are on a mission of becoming one of the leading Line Maintenance providers in Europe and Africa. Since April 2019, Direct Maintenance is part of the Magnetic MRO group.
Passion for high quality service is part of our DNA. We seek people who take initiative, have a “can do” attitude and desire beyond mediocre. If you have what it takes to question the status quo, improve processes and interact transparently, then we have an amazing opportunity for you.
For our Quality & Assurance department we are seeking an
Quality Assurance Engineer
Join us on board of Direct Maintenance in our ambitions to grow!
Scope of responsibilities:
You are a member of the professional Quality and Assurance team. Together with your team you are responsible for ensuring our internal Part-145 procedures are in accordance with applicable (inter)national Aviation Legislation and customer expectations.
As an Quality Assurance Engineer you are responsible for:
As our Quality Assurance Engineer you will have an active role in the implementation of a quality (audit) program (MOE, procedures, and practices) in which all procedures and maintenance practices used in the organisation are reviewed at regular intervals. You are repsonsible for carrying out and monitoring the quality assurance system in accordance with EASA PART-145 legislation and procedures. Futhermore you draft reports (including audit and monthly reports) for the Manager Quality Assurance. You make sure to create, maintain and continuously improve Part-145 Quality procedures and also review proposed amendments to the company procedures. Other challenging tasks are:
- Monitor the organisation’s compliance with (inter)national aviation legislation and report to the Manager Quality Assurance.
- Following developments in the field aviation regulations: analysing and advising on these developments
- Maintain positive, team relationships with internal and external customers, regulatory authorities as well as co-workers.
- Evaluate and investigate occurrences classified as being significant, as well as monitoring, coordinating, and reporting on all corrective actions.
- Support/advise Operational Departments with root cause analysis, preventative, and corrective actions to reduce/eliminate non-conformances.
- Evaluation of equipment, tools and material suppliers.
- Check personnel files and prepare certification authorisations to certifying staff.
- Create, amend and review internal training
- Application of PART-66 AMLs / issuing of company authorisations
- Maintain a company wide just culture and proactively promote safety management within the company
In order to be successful in this role you need a Bachelor’s degree in Aeronautical/Aerospace Engineering and you preferably bring demonstrable work experience in an EASA PART-145 Maintenance organization. We are also interested in you when this was gained this trough an internship or graduation. You are able to work autonomously, accurately and stress-resistant. Also you bring: basic technical knowledge of aircraft, knowledge of EASA 145 legislation and/or Knowledge of non-technical handling procedures and instructions and Human Factors.
In addtion you:
- Have good analytical skills, quality-oriented, excellent planning and organizational skills
- Are result driven;
- Are fluent in English language, both written and spoken
- Bring good observation & analytical skills.
Of course you have a no-nonsense and pro-active personality and can work both independently and as a member of a team. You are willing to work for a young and dynamic organization which demands devotion and flexibility.
Direct Maintenance offers you a great challenge in a growing international environment which a competitive salary and package of labour benefits. In addition we offer you a full time position with the possibility for hybrid working. And last but not least: you will be working in an informal setting together with a great team of colleagues.
Everything we do, every step that we take in developing our business and every decision that we make while solving daily operational issues are guided by our Direct Maintenance values. Our Values help define our employees and provide the necessary customer experience to build brand loyalty creating a tangible long term base to outperform the Aviation industry.
– We are lean & agile
– We are respectful
– We are highly professional
– We are friendly
– We are passionate
Apply for this position:
Are you interested? Please send your CV and motivation or any questions you may have to HR@Directmaintenance.aero. We hope to welcome our new Quality Engineer soon and therefore start with interviewing candidates from now on.
Note: a security screening will be part of the assessment